SEO Best Practices to Increase Website Traffic
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a marketing technique used by smart websites to increase the flow of traffic they receive each day. Whether it be to raise awareness, increase sales, or simply expand exposure, SEO marketing is the way to reach these goals. So, what is SEO? To understand the search engine optimization definition you must first understand how popular search engines like Google operate.
SEO Basics and How to do Search Engine Optimization
The exact SEO meaning according to Google is the process of maximizing the number of visitors a website receives, making sure your site appears early on the list of search results that come back on popular search engines like Google. Google SEO requirements can be tricky, but by peppering frequently searched keywords into headlines and the immediate text, you should successfully see an increase in your ranking.
But how does one know what keywords to use? How can you check to discover consistent, popular search words that produce real results? SEO optimization is something that is easily done with the help of a few free, convenient to use SEO tools. The next time you go to write an SEO blog, begin first by doing keyword research. Popular SEO services like Yoast or SEMrush will help get the SEO ball rolling, so to speak, guiding you through SEO analysis for optimal results.
SEO Advertising through Keyword Research
A reliable SEO checker like that found at NeilPatel.com will exemplify exactly how much traffic your site should be receiving. From pointing out any existent SEO errors within your website to recommending proper SEO advertising, Google responds positively to proper SEO marketing which simply is not achieved without the proper research. In addition, there are quite a few steps that can be taken to further enhance SEO articles and the entirety of your site. Let’s take a look.
1. Understand your competition. Consider what your most important products or services are and search popular search engines for your most prominent competition. Those sites that are similar to yours, ranking highly on Google are excellent examples of what you should be doing to achieve a high SEO ranking. Run and SEO analysis and decipher what they are doing right - it can only help in the end.
2. Have a worthy plan for your site. This point goes back somewhat to keyword research, however, it includes a more in-depth focus. Ranging from low to high-tier websites, pay attention to their keyword focus, and include them within your own context. Try to locate long-tail keywords that are commonly searched, such as, “how do I get my daisies to grow?”. With this information in tow, you can effectively plan the architecture of your site for SEO success.
3. Optimize. Optimize. Optimize. While working the layout of your site, you will reach the point where you must begin making the individual pages. Depending on your eCommerce platform of choice, this might mean outsourcing a bit of work. The most helpful thing you or your contractor can do is focus on making your site mobile-friendly. Google ranks based on a number of factors, including things like mobile ability and mobile speeds.
4. Try and produce daily content. While it can be difficult to put out daily content, consistency is key for increasing the flow of traffic to your site. Aim for weekly, bi-weekly, or at the very least, monthly content production. Content does not simply entail writing, but photos and links as well. The end goal is to keep up with the consumption habits of your clientele.
5. Build up your social media presence. Contrary to popular belief, SEO is not all about the keyword usage and actual SEO articles. In order to expand your business and overall traffic flow, sign yourself up for a couple of social media sites like Instagram and Twitter. In doing so, you connect with your consumers on a deeper level, giving your business more opportunities to extend content to your target audience.
6. Gain an understanding of Google Analytics. You cannot effectively optimize your site without a thorough understanding of how these changes will increase business. Make your way to Google Analytics and search the reports under Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels. When you reach your destination, click Organic Choice, and efficiently analyze the performance of your SEO.
7. Study an SEO blog. There are plenty of SEO guides and complete SEO “how-to” series out there, ready and waiting to help guide you in the right direction. By subscribing to an SEO blog, you remain up-to-date on best SEO practices for operating a successful site. For starters, we recommend checking out a couple of helpful SEO youtube channels like “Whiteboard Friday” and “Google Webmasters”.
8. The use of interlinks. Interlinking means the use of hyperlinks within your content, helping to redirect readers to similar posts on your site. If your reader is reading an article that explains a new concept or introduces a product, include a link to said product or information to better help them understand.
9. Publish nothing but amazing content. Original, high-quality content is a must in terms of attracting new and returning traffic. If you wish to land a good deal of new and returning clients, your content marketing must absolutely be on point. Invest your time in finding a top-notch SEO content creator and your traffic numbers will soar.
SEO Best Practices 2020 - Reaching New Levels of Success
As you can likely see, your professional success in the eCommerce industry rests heavily on your SEO practices. From the proper use of imagery and interlinks to consistent, proper keyword research, there’s a good deal of work involved in running a successful eCommerce business.
There is no doubt that there is a lot of competition out there no matter what the specifics of your industry and this competition simply cannot be ignored. As such, by following these proven SEO tips, you understand Search Engine Optimization as a whole. And before you know it, you will not only see an increase in traffic but, in turn, you BECOME the competition.
Make sure to subscribe to the work life integration blog to stay up to date on all of our content.